Art


I usually include black and white photos, if I am including one at all. This one needs to be shown in color, though.

I worked on this for about a week and a half. I didn't plan it out. I sat down with my pens, turned on the Ah Pook the Destroyer Silver Key album, and let it all flow. I thought about the fact that ink is liquid. Water.

This both is and is not my usual style. I do this kind of work only in black ink. Colors are used for other kinds of work. Something kept nudging me to put the colors in, though, and I did. Then I added the white highlights. I have no reason other than it felt like I was supposed to.

The tentacles, web, scales, stars, growing spiral of leaves or feathers...berries? What is it? I don't know. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's everything. It is, apparently, something swirling around in my unconscious mind, so Azathoth dreamed it.

Comments