Reeza

My experiences in the dreamworld are growing. I'm not at a point yet where I can fully control things, but I am more frequently able to make choices that shape how the dream flows. I remember my dreams much, much more often now. When I don't remember the details, I do usually remember that I did dream and what the overall feeling of the dream was.

I'm also noticing a pattern in where dreams take place. Places in my dreams repeat. Some are clearly based on places I have known in the waking world, and some I only know in the dreamworld. Dreams will happen in the same place for a few nights, then I'll have a night or two of very fuzzy dreams that I don't remember well, then I'll be in a different place.

A few nights ago, I was dreaming of being in some kind of fishing village. It was a very clear, detailed dream. There were piers and walkways, but streets were pretty much replaced with creeks, narrow rivers, and canals. The town sat at the edge of a big port. Status in the town was determined by how big of a fishing boat one owned. In the dream, I was working to get a bigger boat so I could raise my status and being more accepted by the people who lived there.

Someone I know in the waking world - and so I know the name given in the dream is not their name in the waking world - sent a message to me within the dream. The message was from Reeza. I saw the name, so I know that's how it was spelled.

When I woke up, I thought about how that name stood out. The message they sent wasn't even important in the dream. It was just to call my attention to the name. The fact that this name was assigned to someone that I know that is not their name...making it stand out in a way that's different from how I might just accept it if this was the name of someone I've only ever known in dreams. I decided to run the name "Reeza" through the ToA gematria.

The number value is 19, and some of the other words and names with this value caught my attention. Fish, Lovecraft, Al Azif, death, "At last I awakened", crossing, serpent, Old One.

There was also "Magna Mater", and that makes me think of Mother Hydra. "Al Azif" caught my attention because I know that was Lovecraft's original name for the dreaded Necronomicon. (I intend to write someday about my long relationship with what I like to think of as "Schrödinger's Grimoire". It will be a big story, and I want to take my time in telling it.) "Death" got my attention because of Welsh folklore associations between the Otherworld and water.

I got my ToA cards out and pulled out card 19. I've seen this happen enough times by now, and I was still startled by the immediately obvious connections between what the card shows and my dream!

The Mystery Of The Crossing
An Extraterrestrial Dimension

I didn't die in the dream, and I obviously wasn't dying in the waking world. Physical death is only one way of making that crossing, and it can become symbolic of doing so in other ways. There are rituals and other practices for crossing into the Otherworld that include a "ritual death" rather than physical death.

I said I know of Welsh folklore associations between the Otherworld and water. They aren't only found in Welsh mythology and folklore, but that's where I know specific stories instead of simply being aware that the association exists. It was a surprise for me when I learned that association can be found in various cultures, though. I had already been doing meditation that is sometimes referred to as "astral travel" or "journeying". It's very much like dreaming without going to sleep. It always starts for me with crossing over or swimming through water.

I wonder if this was a one-time thing to bring my attention to this message, or if I will come across the name/word Reeza again.



Comments