An Interesting Experience

This is all going to be kind of vague. I'm writing it more for myself than anyone else. That's what I always do, but it applies even more than usual to this. Things have been recorded with more detail in other places. The way my memory works, I don't even need "more detail" to remember things, so I really just need enough here so that I know what I'm talking about.

Okay, that first part alone plays into some things I've been thinking about lately. It's not time yet to write about those things, though.

I did some work the other night, and one of the things that work included was the Banishing Ritual of the Old Ones I wrote up last month. There were, shall we say, Other Things involved, as well. And we weren't expecting a big storm that night. I was going to do this work outside. That seems to be a bad plan for a lot of things lately, so it works out that it's my nature to have a secondary Just In Case plan. It turned out I had to do the work inside.

The time for the work was scheduled, and it was only about a half and hour before it was time to start that the storm picked up. We've had some pretty strong storms since we've lived here. We've even had some that I'd say were even stronger than what was happening on this night. We've never had one blow the door open and start pouring water in before.

Yeah, that happened. No, there's no damage, thankfully.

On any other day, that would be a moment of, "Well, damn! Look what that storm did!" Depending on what's common with the weather where one lives, that might still be the most the situation calls for even during some type of ritual. But, again, we haven't had that happen before. Not even with stronger storms. And it was extremely appropriate for the work I was doing.

I pulled the ToA cards out for this work. The cards I drew were 08, 36, and 41. Read the "tops and bottoms" way, you get:

Radiating Auroras
A Dance of Strange Attraction
A Hypnotic Interference Pattern

Lurking In Weird Waters
Cosmic Word-Pictures
Phantasmagoria

As so often happens, that just doesn't mean anything to me. And there are mainly two different ways I've known that to work with divination. One is, "Oh, I know what that's about!" The other is, "There's something here, but I don't know what it is yet." I usually get neither of those feelings when I read these cards this way.

So let's see what we get if I read them that "flowing back and forth" way I've been doing it.

Radiating Auroras
Cosmic Word-Pictures
A Hypnotic Interference Pattern

Phantasmagoria
A Dance of Strange Attraction
Lurking in Weird Waters

As usual, that's the one that says something to me. I keep doing it both ways because I'm testing things. I want to see what works more often, if times of day have any effect on that, if maybe seasons of the year do it, etc. I have a divination set I can only use in the late fall to middle of winter. I could pull it out and try to use it whenever I want, but I only get any meaningful information from doing so during that time of year. It just feels like I should leave the set alone and let the pieces sleep the rest of the year. Because of my experiences with that set, I'm testing things with these cards instead of just assuming I should always read them the way that has worked most often so far.

I've got some work to be doing. Something I was right about is that I will be working on a new system for dice divination. I knew that was coming, and now I know how I'm supposed to do it.

Comments